Temperatures are starting to dive in Somerville! In the coming days and months, it would go lower so might as well prepare your pipes to avoid any burst pipe repair in Somerville in December!
When the temperature reaches 20 degrees F, the heat in the water is transferred into a subfreezing air causing the water inside the pipes to freeze. The best way to avoid this is to slow down or totally stop the transfer of heat. Below are some helpful tips.
Ways to Avoid Burst Pipe Repair in Somerville
- Pipes that are vulnerable to freezing should be installed with insulation wrapping or sleeves that are readily available at hardware stores, or better yet, purchase a thicker insulation available in plumbing stores, the latter is better in slowing the heat transfer.
- Check your outside wall and foundation near your water pipes. If you see any crack or hole, immediately fill with caulking.
- Warm air is important so pipes will not freeze, open our cabinet doors where pipes are located and let the warm air from your home circulate the pipes.
- Let the faucet slowly drip to keep the water inside it from freezing. This small flow relieves the excessive pressure between the faucet and the ice blockage.
- If you are going on a trip during this time, you can drain the water system by turning the main valve off first and turning the faucets/showers on until the entire water in the pipes have been drained.
If worse comes to worst, and no water is ever coming out, immediately call for burst pipe repair as pipes may have burst already. This will prevent more damage to your pipes and properties.
Photo source: http://spinmopreviews.com/
Just when you’re about to sleep, you realize that the faucet in your bathroom is leaking and your daughter has been shouting downstairs because she thinks that there is a ghost in the toilet.
You then decided to call the neighborhood plumber. Think again.
If you think that hiring a non-professional plumber can save you money, you’re wrong. Things like plumbing should be handled by no less than a professional. Hire a professional one even for the smallest plumbing problem to avoid any future repairs. Getting unprofessional services could do more damage than good.
Here are some of the most common plumbing issues at home where you need the help of a professional plumber:
- Low water pressure – This is very common especially when your pipeline has obstructions or the pressure from the city supply is also low. A reliable plumber will sure know the cause and what you can do to increase the pressure of your water supply.
- Hot water heater is not working – Unless the water tank isn’t plugged in, your water heater could be facing serious issues such circuit breakers, blown fuses, heating elements, overloaded switches, faulty thermostats and igniters or thermocouple burners in gas heaters. It is best that these issues be addressed by a professional plumber.
- Clogged toilet in West Palm Beach – It happens. Somebody might have flushed baby wipes, napkin or thick tissue, your kid might have dropped a toy. Whatever the reason is, this could cause clogging in your toilet. Immediately get the assistance of a professional plumber.
- Frozen pipes – Burst or frozen pipes could damage a huge portion of your house. If you sense that a portion of your pipeline is frozen or has burst, call a professional plumbing tech immediately to avoid further damages.
These are just some of the common plumbing problems. You will be needing the services of a professional plumber when you need HVAC services, boiler problems, sump pump installation, maintenance, and repair, among others.